Tuesday, February 10, 2009

fajita in a Pita with a greek salad twist

Okay so this recipe is so yummy and healthy and has become one of my favorites. I just love it. Give it a try you’ll love it also. I got the inspiration the other day when I ate this at Crackers and loved it and thought I can make this for a fraction of the price and it was just as good made at home and cheaper.


First I marinated the chicken in my favorite chicken marinade that I use for anything that I need in a Mexican dish, here is the secret recipe for that…

Garlic-lime Marinade (great on chicken or steak)

4 cloves garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Blend all these ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Marinate chicken or steak in it for 10 minutes and grill out your chicken. When done grilling cut your chicken into strips for your pita. Then I cut up green peppers, red peppers, and onion and toss with a little olive oil and grill in a grill basket till a crisp tender. Then put chicken strips, roasted veggies, a little fresh salsa, and a little fat free sour cream on a pocketless pita or flatbread. Then serve, it is so yummy.

The salad is also very yummy I call it my,

Greek Salad

Romaine lettuce
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Green Peppers
Onion (just a little)
Feta Cheese
Then toss with dressing below…

Red Wine Vinegar Dressing

1/2 Cup Veg. or Canola oil
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. oregano
Fresh ground pepper

Combine all ingredients in screw top jar. Cover tightly and shake well or can use whisk. Refrigerate and put on salad just before serving. Might not use all, just depends on how much salad you are making.

2 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds so delicious! Can I just jump on an airplane and come to your house and you can make it for me! I wish! Thanks for posting the ingredients, one night when I'm feeling ambitious I"ll try it out! I love greek salads and I love pita's! Do you have the Pita Pit restaurant where you live? Next time you come to AZ we are going there together, there is one right by ASU, it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened to your other blog? did you make it private?

    ReplyDelete