Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am so excited to be doing this competition it is just the motivation I need to get my buns in gear and lose some weight. I checked and have lost some already, yeppie. I still have tons to go.

Anyway, a few tips/motivation:
1. If you have a wii but not a wii fit, get one it is awesome. I love my wii fit. If I can’t make it to the guy I make myself do the wii fit and it is fun. I really do get a workout.
2. Go on walks with the kids at night. I’ve been trying to walk everywhere. Every night I try to go on walks with the kids. It’s great cause I’m exercising and we are chatting about our day.
3. I’ve been cutting all my portions in half. This week has been so busy that I haven’t had time to count every calorie liked I’d like so I have literally cut everything in half. If I go out I take my whole plate and half it. If I have a sandwich I only have half. I eat like I’m feeding my 3 and 5 year old. It’s amazing I’m full, but not stuffed. It’s beautiful.
4. If you do go out check out this great website called calorie king you can search any fast food place/restaurant and find calorie counts, and you don’t have to be a member. (http://www.calorieking.com/)
5. Lastly are two low cal and low fat recipes I made for dinner that were very yummy (one I made and one my friend made for me)

Stir Fry Chicken Pizza

1- 10 oz pack of pizza crust (I used trader Joes white or whole wheat)
3 small chicken breast (grilled)
1 large onion sliced
1 Med. Yellow and red pepper, sliced
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. fresh or 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil

Unroll dough and pat into 12” pizza pan. Bake 425 for 8 min. Meanwhile cut grilled chicken into pieces and sauté onions, peppers, and garlic in oil till tender. When crust comes out sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese, put the sautéed veggies and chicken on top, then add the rest of the cheese and top with basil. Can add a little fresh parmesan if you want. Then bake at 425 again for 5-7 min. Serve with a nice green salad.

Chicken Pepper Pasta
Take 3 Breast of Chicken and cut into bit sized pieces and sauté them in a little olive oil with some Italian seasoning (I use the Pampered Chef seasoning). Then set aside and sauté 2 pepper (either red, yellow, green or a mixture) and 1 onion that has been sliced. When veggies are tender add back in the chicken and sauté together for a few minutes. Meanwhile, cook either spaghetti noodles or elbow macaroon (whatever you have on hand). Once the noodles are cooked drain and add the chicken and the veggies to the noodles. Then toss with a little olive oil and parmesan cheese. I like to add a little Tony Chanceries Seasoning to give it a little kick and some more flavor. It was very yummy and serve it with a nice green salad.

Good luck this week.
*PS If I ever learn how to add in pictures I'll put some in next time of the recipes so you can see the yummy food. I use square space for my blog and so I can't figure out the picture thing on this sorry....

No comments:

Post a Comment